Choir - 1:30pm after church, every week in the main church. Contact Juliet Liu for more information
Ukulele group - 1:30pm after church, in the Junior room upstairs. Contact Lynette Pang to join the whatsapp group and get updates
Care groups - Various time, days and locations around Sydney. Contact Pastor Daniel to find out more
The Worship Program
Seventh-day Adventists choose to worship God because we believe He is our Creator who deserves praise and honour.
Exodus 20:11 says "in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
We believe that Saturday is a special day set aside for humanity, since the beginning of the world, to spend time worshipping and honouring God. We can worship God in many different ways. It can be through Bible study, prayer and singing praises to Him. We can do this at a personal level or meet together with fellow believers.
We invite you to join us on Saturday morning to praise God and to learn more about Him. You are welcome to sit anywhere during the worship program - there are no set seats - and we don't have a 'dress code' either. If you're comfortable, we're happy!
We have two worship programs each Saturday. A small group Bible study which we call Sabbath School and the Main Service where everyone meets together. In both our services we sing, pray to God and collect an offering. However, we emphasise that there is no obligation for you to give an offering if you don't want to. The program is our gift to God and to you - we don't expect anything in return.
Sabbath School (Small Group Bible Study)
Sabbath School starts at 9.30am. It's a time where we can discuss the teachings of the Bible and socialise with each other.
Adult Sabbath school classes are divided into the following language groups in the main church:
If you have brought your child(ren), we also have separate Sabbath School classes for them.
The Sabbath School Program
- Song service
- Mission Story - Every three months, the Seventh-day Adventist church focuses on a certain region of the world and on how church members can help people in that region. The needs and stories of these people are told.
- Offering - Adventists collect an offering in Sabbath school to support the mission project.
- Lesson Study - At this point everyone breaks into small groups to study the Bible. You can choose which group you want to attend. The duration of the lesson study is about 30-40 minutes. During this time, Adventists study the Bible using the Sabbath school lesson as a guide. The Sabbath school lesson is a Bible-study guide produced every three months by the worldwide church's Sabbath School Department. People are encouraged to study the lesson throughout the week and, during Sabbath school, discuss what it is teaching and have the opportunity to share how it has made an impact on them.
Main Church Service
[We have translations in English, Mandarin and Cantonese]
The main church service (divine service) starts at 11.00am on Saturday, in the main church. It is a time where we can unite together, gather strength from the Word of God and learn more about God.
Following is an example of a typical weekly church services -
- Song Service - singing of contemporary Christian songs or hymns and praises to God.
- Offering - for local running costs or mission projects.
- Children's Story - a short story is told to teach the Children about an aspect of the Bible.
- Special Item - This can be a musical item or even a drama performance on an aspect or story in the Bible.
- Scripture Reading - a passage of the Bible is read that is relevant to the sermon
- Sermon (The message) - The local pastor or a guest speaker will share a message with the congregation on God's Word
- Closing Song
- Benediction - the preacher closes the service with prayer.
Lunch - Our church has a free potluck lunch (yes, there is such a thing!) from 12:30-1:30pm. During this time, you can meet new people or catch up with friends. We also have a Memory Verse Stall which will let you exchange ice cream or popcorn in exchange for you memorising and reciting a pre-selected memory verse by heart.