Recipe from Sanitarium. Serves 12
• 1/4 cup So Good™ Unsweetened Almond Milk (60 ml)
• 1 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed (250 g)
• 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar (60 g)
• 1/4 cup light flavoured olive oil (60 ml)
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup oat flour – see note (55 g)
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted (40 g)
• 1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base and two long sides of a loaf tin with a strip of baking paper.
2. Combine So Good almond milk, sweet potato, sugar, oil, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. Add oat flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder to the bowl. Stir to create a thick batter.
4. Spread mixture into prepared tin and smooth surface. Bake for 40 minutes, until edges have pulled away from the side of the pan.
5. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool completely before cutting. Store extra brownies in a container in the fridge.
• To make oat flour: pulse rolled oats in a food processor, for a minute or two, to a fine meal. Alternatively, replace oat flour with 1/3 cup wholemeal or whole spelt flour.
• For an extra treat, sprinkle 1 tbsp of choc-chips, or chopped walnuts, over batter before baking.
• Cooked sweet potato can be roasted or steamed. Remove skin and mash very well – or puree if preferred for a smooth batter.